Water Heater Repair in Summerville, Goose Creek, Moncks Corner, SC, and Surrounding Areas
Water Heater Repair by All Star Heating & Air
A typical water heater consists only of a tank and a heat source. The most frequent causes of water heater repair calls are leaks and a lack of hot water. Leaks, rust-colored or odorous water, and a lack of hot water are all potential issues. Contact us today for water heater repair in Summerville, Goose Creek, Moncks Corner, SC, and surrounding areas.
Offering Comprehensive Water Heater Repair Services Near Summerville, SC
Looking for a professional and licensed water heater repair expert? All Star Heating & Air is here to help. If you’re having trouble with your water heater, our technicians are trained to do everything from repair and replacement to installation and service of all kinds of water heaters. We’re here to help you get back on track as quickly as possible with our prompt services. If you live in Summerville, SC, or the nearby areas, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Causes Of A Malfunctioning Water Heater
- The thermostat is malfunctioning
Check the thermostat on your water heater to ensure it is set correctly and make any necessary adjustments. 120 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit would be the ideal range. You might need to buy a new device if you can’t get the temperature to change.
- Issues with heat supply
Your water heater may not generate enough heat for several reasons. Thermostat issues, voltage supply issues, and upper heating element issues are a few of these.
Excessive pressure, a loose in-line valve, overheating, a leaky overhead or nearby plumbing connection, the loosening of heating element bolts, a bad gasket, water tank leaks, or even a stuck valve can all cause leaks.
- Damage to the pressure relief valve
By releasing excess pressure, the pressure relief valve is intended to assist in maintaining the pressure in the water tank. Leaks could result from damage to this valve, which would be necessary to replace the pressure relief valve.
- A broken dip tube
The dip tube is in charge of transferring cold water to the base of the tank for heating. Your showers and faucets will consequently prematurely release cold water.
- Build-up of sediment
Over time, the accumulation and sedimentation of too many minerals is another frequent cause for your water heater to stop producing hot water.
Different water heater components, such as the water tank or the heater’s anode rod, can become rusted or corroded. The water’s discoloration is a glaring indicator of rust in your heater.
Tips For Water Heater Repair
- A water heater must be installed at least 6 feet off the ground.
- If the water heater is not promptly drained, sediment will build-up, resulting in a severe problem.
- You may determine if there is a problem with the water heater by checking the pressure relief valve or thermostatic mixer for clogs.
- You need to check the water’s temperature occasionally. Not more than 125 degrees should be the temperature of the hot water.
- Verify that the connections are secure and that the water heater is leak-free; additionally, if there is any corrosion or rust.
- A unit that is ten years old cannot compare to the technology of today and will therefore operate much more efficiently.
- Be sure to have regular yearly checkups to prevent a severe heater issue.
- The water heater needs to be protected with insulation, especially if it is an older model. The unit running less frequently will reduce electricity costs and maintain hot water.
- Ensure the water heater is connected to an MCB or Miniature Circuit Breaker, which shuts off the power if there is any power instability.
- By decreasing the temperature, you can save money on electricity while extending the geyser’s life because it will heat up to the desired temperature more quickly.
Get Your Water Heater Installation Done Right by Experts
Comfortable Living Specialists
If your old water heater is leaking, not working, or not heating is probably inefficient, it’s costing you more money than it should be. An old water heater is more likely to break down and leave you without hot water. Our technicians have years of experience and are experts in replacing your water heater with a new, efficient model that will save you time and money.
Schedule Our Water Heater Services and Enjoy the Benefits
Dedicated to Excellence and Service
Save time and money by replacing your water heater with All Star Heating & Air. We’re experts in water heater repair services and installations. Offering reliable, cost-effective services to our customers. We’ve been in business for years, and we’ve got the experience to back up our reputation. If you live in Summerville, SC, contact us and get started!
Why Should You Partner Up With Our Professionals?
We are your best allies during any of your projects thanks to our commitment and expertise. Here are other reasons why you should choose us: