Heating Repair in Summerville, Goose Creek, Moncks Corner, SC, and Surrounding Areas
All Star Heating & Air
You turn to your heater to keep you warm as the warmer seasons gradually transition to fall and winter. For heaters to function properly, they must be maintained regularly. Your heater may break down in the middle of winter unexpectedly, if this happens, you may require emergency heating repair. Contact us today for heating repair in Summerville, Goose Creek, Moncks Corner, SC, and surrounding areas.
Your HVAC system may not be able to predict when it will stop working, but there are almost always warning signs that indicate a problem and give you time to fix it before the entire unit needs to be changed. To notice them, you don’t need to be an expert.
Top Symptoms That Your Heating System Needs To Repair
Poorly maintained heating systems can display warning indications when they need repairs. Before your heating system breaks, look for these indicators:
- Weird Sounds
HVAC systems that are in good working order will operate quietly. A professional should check your heating system whenever it makes unusual noises, just like with a new air conditioner. If you notice a change in your vehicle’s sound, it’s best to get it checked out by a professional as soon as possible to avoid a more serious problem.
- Not Enough Heating
If your home’s heat is being distributed unevenly, your heating system is likely malfunctioning. Uneven heating can also be caused by faulty ductwork. Our service professionals can inspect your ductwork if you are experiencing airflow issues in your house.
- High Energy Bills
If you observe a sudden spike in energy costs and other heating repair indications, your system needs repair. Heating leaks block filters and vents can raise energy costs. If your energy expenditures suddenly rise, seek professional heating and air conditioning repair this winter.
- Pilot Light
You can detect problems with your furnace’s pilot light by looking for a flickering light in the furnace’s front panel. Yellowing of the pilot light may indicate a carbon monoxide leak, which is hazardous to your health and your family. Contact a technician immediately if your pilot light is yellow.
- Old System
It’s not uncommon for parts to wear out on older machines, requiring frequent maintenance. You can save money in the long run by replacing your old unit with a newer, more efficient model, which will cut your utility bills and require fewer repairs. Mostly, a heater’s lifespan is between 15 and 25 years.
Need for Maintenance
Observing these indications can help you spot problems with your heater. Routine maintenance is just as important for your safety as for your comfort and wallet. Annual maintenance ensures that your heater lasts and performs well.
Your heater will wear out as it attempts to keep you warm all winter throughout the years and this is unavoidable. Unchecked wear and tear can cause major problems in the future. Your system won’t be as efficient without maintenance.
Hire Us Today
Contact Us Today For Heating Repair in Summerville, Goose Creek, Moncks Corner, SC, and Surrounding Areas
Maintaining and servicing your HVAC system is essential to ensure it runs efficiently. Servicing your system at least once a year is recommended to catch any potential problems before they become larger issues. Regular service helps maintain energy efficiency and prevents unexpected bills for heating repair in Summerville.
If you notice any of the following signs, it may be time to call heating repair in Summerville
- Strange noises or odors coming from your HVAC system
- A lack of heat when your thermostat is set correctly
- Short cycling
- Increase in your energy bills
- Poor indoor air quality
- Uneven heating
- No Power Supply in HVAC: If you're having trouble with your heating system, one of the first things you should check for is a lack of power. Your heating system cannot function properly unless adequate power is delivered.
- Problem With Furnace Ignition: Over time, igniters in HVAC furnaces can become worn out due to regular use, resulting in ignition problems. In most cases, the issue can be identified by visually inspecting the ignitor. If the ignitor is noticeably damaged, call heating repair in Summerville for replacement.
- Insufficient Airflow Through Vents: If you're experiencing difficulty in keeping your room at the temperature you want it to be, then it could be that your HVAC unit isn't working properly. This is because a lack of airflow will make it impossible for your heater to distribute the heat evenly.
- Regular servicing - If you want your furnace to be in optimal condition, part of it is by making sure it's serviced regularly.
- Overlooking the issue - There's a chance your heating system is exhausted, and you haven't noticed. The sooner you do, the better, since a furnace repair can go from bad to worse in no time.
- Over-Pressurising HVAC - As a final tip, it is advised not to pressurize your heater too hard. Set your thermostat to a temperature that works for you in advance so your home will be warm when you get home.
The following ways can help save on heating bills.
- Turn Down The Thermostat - When you turn down the thermostat at seven to ten degrees Fahrenheit for eight hours per day, you could save up to 10% annually on heating costs. With a smart HVAC system, you can turn it off even if you are not at home.
- Replace The Old Furnace - Old furnaces typically burn more energy than they should. Therefore, investing in a new high-efficient HVAC system will be highly beneficial.
- Regular Maintenance - It takes more energy to moderately heat your home with a poorly maintained HVAC system. It is recommended to schedule routine maintenance for your HVAC system after each season and ensure the unit is inspected after every season.
As long as you are committed to keeping your heater clean and maintaining it, your furnace should last for many years. All-Star Heating & Air offers a comprehensive annual maintenance plan to avoid costly and stressful heating repairs.